7 pm. ET • Akron leads series 25-24
• Akron’s magic number is one to claim its second-consecutive MAC regular season title and the No. 1 overall seed in next week’s conference tournament. To clinch both, the Zips need a win or an Ohio loss. Akron has won 19 of its last 20 games dating back to Dec. 15. During the current run, the Zips are out-scoring their opponents by 12.5 points/game and hold a +8.6 rebounding advantage. UA is shooting 45.8 percent from the field while holding opponents to 37.8 percent shooting from the field and 31.3 percent from behind the arc.... The RedHawks have lost six-straight contests and are 3-10 on the road (2-4 conference). Two RedHawks are averaging double figures in the scoring column, including Allen Roberts (12.7 ppg) and Will Felder (11.4 ppg). Felder is the team’s leading rebounder (5.3 rpg).
Ohio (21-8, 12-2 MAC) at Buffalo (12-17, 7-7 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Ohio leads series 25-8
• Ohio hits the road for the last time in MAC play to battle the Buffalo Bulls Tuesday evening. D.J. Cooper needs just one 3-pointer vs. Buffalo to become the all-time leader at Ohio in career 3-pointers made (260). The Chicago, Ill., product is currently tied with Tommy Freeman (2008-11) with 259 career triples. Cooper also is just six points away from 2,000. When he reaches that milestone, he will become the first player in DI history to record 2,000 pts, 900 ast, 600 reb and 300 stl in a career... The Bulls are coming off an 81-67 win over 24th-ranked Akron on Saturday night. Javon McCrea led the Bulls with 26 points, six rebounds and four blocked shots. Jarryn Skeete added 18 points, six rebounds and five assists for the Bulls. McCrea is the only player to rank in the top three in the MAC in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage and blocked shots.
Eastern Michigan (14-15, 7-7 MAC) at Central Michigan (10-18, 3-11 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Central Michigan 97-86
• Eastern Michigan is now 14-15 on the 2012-13 campaign and 7-7 in conference play, holding down the number three spot in the West Division. Redshirt senior Derek Thompson is leading the offensive charge for the Green and White, posting 10.6 points per game, while redshirt junior Glenn Bryant is putting up 10.5... The Chippewas come into Tuesday’s matchup with a record of 10-18 overall, while settling at a 3-11 mark in MAC games this season. Kyle Randall has shined offensively for the Chips posting 17.6 points per game, while John Simons has been their force on the boards with 5.1 caroms per contest. Chris Fowler has dished out 5.4 helpers per game this season to lead CMU.
Bowling Green (12-17, 6-8 MAC) at Kent State (17-12, 7-7 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Bowling Green leads series 82-67
• Kent State will try for its fourth consecutive win and its sixth victory in the last seven games when it hosts Bowling Green. With wins tonight against Bowling Green and Friday at Akron, Kent State would clinch the No. 4 seed in the upcoming MAC tournament. The Golden Flashes are tied with Buffalo and Eastern Michigan with matching 7-7 conference records and just two games remaining in the regular season, but they own the tiebreaker with both teams....The Falcons are coming off of a 78-65 home loss to Ohio on Saturday that saw Calhoun score a team-high 24. Calhoun and senior guard Jordon Crawford are one of three sets of teammates in the Mid-American Conference averaging at least 30.0 points per game combined at 30.3 points this year.
Northern Illinois (5-22, 3-11 MAC) at Toledo (13-13, 8-6 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Toledo leads series 40-23
• The Rockets will be looking to snap a two-game losing streak, while the Huskies are on an eight-game losing skid but have posted two of their MAC victories on the road at Miami and Central Michigan. UT will be looking to sweep the season series against Northern Illinois for the first time since the 2006-07 campaign. UT features two of the MAC’s top scorers with junior G Rian Pearson pacing the league at 18.2 ppg and sophomore G Julius Brown in 10th place at 13.2 ppg. Sophomore F Abdel Nader (19 pts., game-high 11 reb. vs. UT in first meeting) leads Northern Illinois with 13.1 ppg and 5.6 rpg but did not play in Saturday’s 69-50 home loss to Central Michigan.
Ball State (13-14, 6-8 MAC) at Western Michigan (18-10, 9-5 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Western Michigan leads series 59-58
• The Cardinals have already secured at least a first-round home game in the MACTournament and are still in the mix for a bye straight to Cleveland.Ball State is coming off its third straight win, an 86-72 victory over Toledo, and is looking to sweep the season series with West Division-leading Western Michigan. Jauwan Scaife is averaging 25.7 points per game over the past six contests, and his 20.0-point scoring average in MAC play ranks second in the league...With a win today, the Broncos will clinch the third seed in the 2013 First Energy MAC Tournament. The Broncos are coming off an overtime loss Saturday at Eastern Michigan. WMU is seeking their fifth 20-win season under head coach Steve Hawkins.