Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Eastern Michigan (5-16, 3-5 MAC) at Akron (14-7, 5-3 MAC)
7 PM • Akron leads 16-14
• The Eagles rank 174th nationally in scoring defense and 300th in scoring offense, while the Zips are 11th in scoring offense and 239th in scoring defense. UA has reached 75-or-more points in a game 11 times with EMU yet to score more than 74 points in a single contest.
• Kacie Cassell dished out 10 assists with just one turnover in 37 minutes of action, helping the other four starters to score in double figures. Cassell now has 157 assists on the season, surpassing Abby Hoy (1995-00) for the program’s single-season assists record with eight regular season games left to play. Hanna Luburgh was tabbed MAC East Player of the Week for her efforts against Bowling Green and Buffalo. The junior averaged a double-double over the course of the two games with 20 points and 11 rebounds.
Northern Illinois (5-16, 0-8 MAC) at Ohio (5-15, 0-8 MAC)
7 PM • Northern Illinois leads 15-14
• NIU is looking for its first Mid-American Conference win to end a 0-8 start in league play for the first time ever. Since joining the NCAA in 1982-83, NIU has never lost its first eight games in conference play in any of its affiliations (Mid-American (1982-86, 1997-current), North Star (1987-92), Mid-Continent (1992-94), Midwestern Collegiate (1994-1997)). The Huskies’ current nine-game losing streak is the first streak, winning or losing, of the season longer than two games and is the longest losing streak under Bennett.
• Senior point guard Ashley Fowler has been the model of consistency for the Bobcats this season. The native of Cincinnati, Ohio, has started all 20 games, leads the team in minutes played (708), and has dished out a team-high 67 assists. Through the first four games of the season, freshman guard Kiyanna Black was averaging 5.3 points per game and had not yet scored in double figures. Sixteen games later, she is now averaging 12.0 per contest, has scored in double figures on 13 occasions, and ranks No. 13 in the MAC with 12.0 points per league game.
Toledo (19-2, 7-1 MAC) at Miami (14-7, 6-2 MAC)
7 PM • Toledo leads 31-25
• The Rockets, who are a conference-best No. 46 nationally in the latest RPI rankings, are deadlocked with Central Michigan (13-8, 7-1 MAC) and Ball State (10-11, 7-1 MAC) for the best overall mark in the league, one game ahead of the MAC East Division leading RedHawks. The Midnight Blue & Gold enters tonight’s MAC spotlight encounter in the midst of a seven-game win streak following Sunday’s 65-54 triumph vs. Western Michigan.
• Senior guard Courtney Osborn scored 25 points in her last game against Northern Illinois (Feb. 4) and now has 1,918 for her career. She is second all-time on the RedHawks’ career scoring list, and needs 62 points to break the Miami all-time scoring record of 1,979 points set by Amanda Jackson (2003-08). In the win over Northern Illinois on Sunday, Osborn made five free throws to give her 464 for her career. That ties her with Jackson for the all-time Miami record. The next free throw she makes gives her the record by herself.