Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Buffalo (6-13, 4-2 MAC) at Miami (16-6, 5-1 MAC)
12 PM • Miami leads 17-8
• Senior Nicki Hopkins moved to the starting point guard role in UB’s win over Western Michigan and didn’t disappoint, playing all 40 minutes for the first time in her career. She finished with six points and an assist, but more importantly she kept the UB offense running, which shot over 48% from the floor in the second half.
• Senior guard Courtney Osborn is now at 1,880 career points. So far this season she has passed a pair of Miami Hall-of-Famers in Mary Ann Myers (1978-82), who is now fifth on the list with 1,600 career points, and Monica Niemann (1991-95), who is now fourth with 1,608 career points, as well as Heather Cusick (1999-03), who ranks third all-time with 1,728 points.
Kent State (2-17, 0-6 MAC) at Central Michigan (12-7, 6-0 MAC)
7 PM • Kent State leads 31-22
• Tamzin Barroilhet has been the most consistent Flash on the floor this season. She leads the team in points (187), rebounds (129), assists (49), steals (32) and field goal percentage (40%) Barroilhet has reached double figures in nine games.
• CMU saw its streak of consecutive opponents held below 60 points snapped Saturday versus Akron, but limited the Zips to six points under their season average. Limiting teams below 70 points has been the key for CMU as they are 11-0 this season when doing so and 57-16 overall under Guevara.
Bowling Green (13-6, 4-2 MAC) at Akron (12-7, 3-3 MAC)
7 PM • Bowling Green leads 47-2
• Something’s got to give when BGSU and Akron meet on Thursday night ... the Zips enter the week ranked 12th in the nation in scoring offense, averaging 76.0 points per game ... the Falcons are 24th in the country in scoring defense, having allowed just 52.5 ppg to date.
• Akron sharpshooter Hanna Luburgh came in at No. 10 this week in the NCAA national rankings for 3-point field goal percentage. The junior converts 43.3 percent of her attempts from long range and has 39 triples on the season.
Northern Illinois (5-14, 0-6 MAC) at Eastern Michigan (4-15, 2-4 MAC)
7 PM • Eastern Michigan leads 28-9
• NIU is 3-14 all-time at EMU and has not won there since 2005 (55-53 on 1-8-05), a streak of seven games. The last meeting was a 77-57 win for the Eagles in DeKalb on Feb. 18, 2012.
• Freshman Bianca Cage has found Mid-American Conference play to her liking. Through six games the Memphis, Tenn. native is averaging a team-best 13.3 points per game and a 46.2 percent shooting clip.
Ohio (5-13, 0-6 MAC) at Toledo (17-2, 5-1 MAC)
7 PM • Toledo leads 40-20
TV Coverage: BCSN
• Ohio collected a season-high 22 offensive rebounds at Ball State on Jan. 26. This was the highest single-game total achieved by the Bobcats since a Jan. 18, 2011 win at Miami. A total of 62 games were played between these two impressive offensive rebounding efforts.
• The Rockets stopped the Huskies on their final two possessions and shot 6-of-8 from the free-throw line down the stretch to win consecutive games at NIU for the first time in a decade.
Ball State (8-11, 5-1 MAC) at Western Michigan (6-13, 2-4 MAC)
7 PM • Western Michigan leads 35-33
• The Cardinals have faced only one MAC West Division opponent this season which resulted in a 57-51 win on the road at Northern Illinois, Jan. 13. Ball State is on a three game win streak after defeating Ohio Saturday 77-46 in Worthen Arena.
• Western Michigan is looking for its second straight home MAC win and its third conference victory in four games ... WMU has won the last three meetings against Ball State ... Sophomore forward Marquisha Harris is averaging 12.2 ppg and 6.7 rpg during MAC play.