Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Kent State (2-14, 0-3 MAC) at Ball State (5-11, 2-1 MAC)
2 PM • Kent State leads 35-13
TV Coverage: SportsTime Ohio/Comcast Indiana/ESPN3
• The Flashes are finding success in conference play at the free throw line. They rank 4th in the MAC with a 73% free throw percentage. Trisha Krewson sits atop the MAC, shooting a perfect 100% from the charity stripe in ten attempts. The team is also excelling when it comes to grabbing offensive rebounds.
• Ball State will face its third Mid-American East Divsion opponent of the season when it hosts Kent State Saturday in Worthen Arena at Noon. The game will be televised on Sports Time Ohio and streamed live on ESPN3. The Cardinals are looking to bounce back against the Golden Flashes after losing to Bowling Green 73-42 Wednesday night in the Stroh Center.
Buffalo (5-11, 3-0 MAC) at Toledo (14-2, 2-1 MAC)
2 PM • Toledo leads 16-2
TV Coverage: BCSN
• The story of UB’s early MAC success can be attributed to the production of its bench. Through three games, the Buffalo bench has outscored its opponents, 77-29. In the victory over Ohio, the Bulls shut out the Bobcat bench, 27-0, and against Kent State, Buffalo outscored the Golden Flashes, 40-14
• The Rockets cruised to their second conference win of the season with a 56-40 victory over Eastern Michigan on Wednesday night in the Convocation Center. The Rockets opened the game with a 15-2 spurt in the first seven minutes and never let the Eagles back within 15 points.
Northern Illinois (5-11, 0-3 MAC) at Central Michigan (9-7, 3-0 MAC)
2 PM • Central Michigan leads 21-12
• NIU is looking for its first Mid-American Conference win to avoid a 0-4 start in league play for the third straight season. The Huskies’ current four-game losing streak is the first streak, winning or losing, of the season longer than two games.
• The Chippewas are off to a 3-0 start in MAC play for the third time under coach Sue Guevara and can make it their second 4-0 start in her tenure with a win over Northern Illinois.
Akron (12-4, 3-0 MAC) at Western Michigan (4-12, 0-3 MAC)
2 PM • Western Michigan leads 24-7
• Although they put up the fewest points scored in a victory this season, the Zips used their transition game to their advantage in a dominating second half to defeat Northern Illinois on the road Wednesday, 63-52. Kacie Cassell played all 40 minutes and recorded a new career-high 11 assists with only a single turnover, allowing the other four starters to finish in double-figure scoring for the second consecutive game.
• Western Michigan will host Akron on Saturday in search of their first conference win of 2013. Western comes in to the game at 0-2 at home during the MAC season with defeats at the hands of Eastern Michigan and Miami.