on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Miami (3-2, 0-0 MAC) at #9 Kentucky (4-1, 0-0 SEC)
11 AM • Miami trails 15-2
• It is still very early and there isn’t much data to go on, but the NCAA released its first statistical rankings of the 2012-13 season on Monday. Miami ranks 47th nationally in field goal defense, holding opponents to a .339 shooting percentage. It is also 64th in the nation in steals, averaging 11.4 per game. Individually, Courtney Osborn ranks 72nd in the country in scoring with 18.0 points per game and 27th in assists with 5.8 per game.
Duquesne (4-1, 0-0 A-10) at Buffalo (1-5, 0-0 SEC)
5 PM • Series tied 2-2
• The Bulls bench recorded 55 points on Saturday evening against Eastern Illinois, its most in a game since the bench scored 53 against UM-Kansas City back on January 21, 1998. 53 of the 55 points came from three players who all reached career highs in scoring. Freshman Mackenzie Loesing and sophomore Sloane Walton each finished with 21 points, while sophomore Valerie Majewski finished with a careerbest 11 points.
Eastern Michigan (1-4, 0-0 MAC) at Butler (2-4, 0-0 A-10)
7 PM • Series tied 2-2
• Junior Olivia Fouty turned in a career-best day against Harvard University, Nov. 24, with a 20 point effort against the Crimson. She also finished with eight rebounds and three blocks in the setback. A day earlier against Boston University, Nov. 23, she paced the EMU attack with 13 points in 31 minutes of work.
Northern Illinois (2-2, 0-0 MAC) at Bradley (3-3, 0-0 MVC)
7 PM • Northern Illinois leads 7-4
• In each of the last three games, NIU has shot better than 48 percent from the field and is shooting 48 percent on three-pointers. NIU currently ranks 14th in the nation in field goal percentage (47.8) and 19th in three-point percentage (40.0) -- both lead the MAC. Individually, Satavia Taylor ranks fifth in the country, and first in the MAC, in three-point percentage (60.0) and has made seven of her last nine attempts. Her 6-for-6 game against Morehead State set the NIU record for accuracy behind the arc in a game.
St. Francis (Pa.) (3-1, 0-0 NEC) at Kent State (0-5, 0-0 SEC)
7 PM • Series tied 1-1
• As part of the Georgia State Thanksgiving Tournament, the Flashes dropped their opening game 70-56 against Florida A&M on Nov. 23, despite being up nine points at the half. Melanee Stubbs netted a career-high 15 points and the Flashes won the rebounding margin, 48-29. However, they turned the ball over 36 times, resulting in 34 points for Florida A&M.
Temple (3-2, 0-0 A-10) at Bowling Green (3-2, 0-0 SEC)
7 PM • Series tied 1-1
• Wednesday’s game will mark the second time in a five-day span that the Falcons will meet a member of Philadelphia’s Big 5 schools ... BGSU faced Villanova on Saturday (Nov. 24) in Las Vegas, as part of the Lady Rebel Round-Up. The Falcons return home after splitting a pair of games in Vegas, with a 53-42 loss to ‘Nova, but a 64-54 win over host UNLV on Sunday (Nov. 25) ... sophomore Jasmine Matthews was named to the Lady Rebel Round-Up All-Tournament Team.
Western Michigan (2-3, 0-0 MAC) at Detroit (2-3, 0-0 Horizon)
11 AM • Series tied 13-13
• Western Michigan is 2-3 on the season after splitting its Thanksgiving trip to Northern Arizona. The Broncos opened that tournament up with a 78-67 win over host Northern Arizona before falling to Tulane, 66-48. Corie Buchanan leads three Broncos in double-digit scoring with 12.0 points per game, along with 3.0 assists per game.