Ohio's Reggie Keely (Video Interview) - Click Here
Ohio's Walter Offutt (Video Interview) - Click Here
Ohio's Stevie Taylor (Video Interview) - Click Here
Ohio's Ivo Baltic (Video Interview) - Click Here
Ohio's Nick Kellogg (Video Interview) - Click Here
MAC Men's Basketball Daily (3-22-12)
Ohio (29-7, 11-5 MAC) vs. North Carolina (31-5, 14-2 ACC)
NCAA Tournament - Regional Semifinal (St. Louis, Mo.)
Friday, March 23 - 7:47 p.m. ET • All-Time Series Tied 1-1
• This is the 13th appearance in the NCAA Tournament for Ohio as the Bobcats won their sixth Mid-AmericanConference title since 1983.
• This is Ohio’s first trip to the Sweet 16 since the NCAA Tournament expanded to its current format. The only other time Ohio won multiple games in the NCAA Tournament was 1964 when it reached the regional finals.
• The Bobcats have a 7-13 all-time record (lost a Regional Third Place Game in 1960) and are making their second trip to the tournament under Head Coach John Groce
• The Bobcats have 29 wins on the season, surpassing the previous single-season mark of 25 set by the 1993-94 team.
•Ohio has now won a postseason game in three straight years, the longest streak in program history.
• D.J. Cooper averaged 20 points, 6.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds in the two Bobcat wins over Michigan and South Florida. The junior guard shot 52.2 percent from the field, 41.7 from three-point land and 78.6 percent from the stripe. He is averaging 19.8.
• Ohio is the lowest seed to make the Sweet 16 since 2005 (No.13 Bradley) and since seeding was implemented it has been a double-digit seed every time, topping out as a No. 11 seed in 1983.
• The Bobcats are fourth in the nation in steals per contest (9.3), sixth in the nation in turnover margin (+4.2) and rank 11th nationally in guarding the perimeter (29.3%)
• Overall, the record for the Bobcats under Coach Groce when they are able to hold their opponents under 70 points is 62-19 (.765)
• When referring to the Bobcats, please use Ohio or Ohio University, not Ohio U or OU. Thank you!