This Week’s Schedule
Tuesday, September 22
Ohio State at Ball State, 3:00 PM
Friday, September 25
*Kent State at Missouri State, 4:00 PM
Indiana at Miami, 5:00 PM
Saturday, September 26
*Ball State at Central Michigan, Noon
Ohio at Saint Louis, 2:00 PM
Sunday, September 27
*Miami at Central Michigan, Noon
*Ohio at Missouri State, 11:00 AM
Players of the Week
Offensive Player of the Week
Katie Brightwell, Miami, Sr., Back, Louisville, Ky./Assumption
Brightwell opened the week with four assists in the match against Ball State which is as many assists as she had in her first three years at Miami. She scored twice and had the game-winning goal in overtime against William and Mary. In the final contest of the week she had another assist and an unassisted goal to help Miami to its third-straight victory over Richmond. She now leads the team in shots with 25 by a margin of nine. Brightwell is also second on the team in goals (4), tied for first for points (14) and leads the team in assists (6).
Defensive Player of the Week
Abbey Huck, Miami, So., Goalkeeper, Emmaus, Pa./Emmaus
Huck held all three opponents this week to one goal per contest and recorded 15 of the 27 saves that she has so far this season. She improved her overall record to 3-3-0 with the three-straight wins and is undefeated in conference play. In her 212:58 played she averaged 0.99 goals allowed, and had a .800 save percentage against MAC-rival Ball State. In her six outings this season she has logged 375:05 minutes and has a team-leading save percentage of .659.
News and Notes
· With a 2-5 overall record (0-1 MAC), Ball State opens it home slate with a 3 p.m. match against Ohio State Tuesday. The Cardinals then play in their second MAC game at Central Michigan noon Saturday, September 26.
· The Chippewas played a pair of tight, one-goal contests over the weekend ... CMU grinded out a 3-2 victory over Vermont off Kelly Jordan's goal with 14 seconds remaining on Saturday ... CMU fell, 1-0, to No. 20 Ohio State on Sunday.
· Kent State hosted #20 Ohio State last Wednesday marking the third straight ranked opponent KSU has faced at home. Junior Nicole Leach notched her first career multi-assist game assisting on both Golden Flash goals in the 5-2 loss. Sophomore Debbie Bell scored in the game and has now recorded a goal in three consecutive games. She leads the league with eight goals and 18 total points this season. Junior Rachel Miller has also had the hot stick of late posting six points in the last three games with two assists and two goals. KSU starts MAC play on Friday when the team travels to Missouri State for their only game of the week.
· The Bobcats earned their second victory of the season on Friday, and will see their next action at Saint Louis on September 26 at one pm.
· Miami accumulated 14 goals this week in its three contests which is the most scored in a three game series since October 15-18 of last season. The RedHawks attempted 22 shots against both Ball State and William and Mary, as well as outshot their opponents by a margin of 23 and outscored them by 11 this week.
· The Bears' double-overtime loss to St. Joseph's, 5-4, was MSU's first 2OT game since Sept. 30, 2007, when they fell to Ohio University, 1-0, in Springfield. Friday's game against 18th-ranked Northwestern was MSU's second consecutive top-20 opponent.