Click Here To See All Of Our Getting To Know Features!!
Josh Karanja is a senior cross country runner for Eastern Michigan University. Last season, Karanja led the Eagles in all but one meet during the course of the season. He qualified for the NCAA Championship (Nov. 19), where he finished 150th, running 31:32. He was the top EMU and Mid-American Conference finisher at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional, finishing eighth to qualify for the NCAA Championship, running career-best 30:58 in the 10K. Karanja was the team’s No. 2 runner at the MAC Championship (Oct. 27) where he his earned third consecutive first team All-MAC honors by placing third (24:49), helping the team to its third straight MAC title.
1 . How did you get started running cross country?
I was born to run.
2. If you can have one animal be extinct, which would it be?
3. What would you like to be doing in ten years?
Being a Canadian diplomat
4. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a pilot
5. What is the best class you've taken at (school)?
6. What is the most notable thing about your hometown of Ottawa, Canada?
It is the second coldest capital in the world.
7. What was your first job? Worst Job?
The first job that I had was a pizza boy. The worst job I ever had was when I was a dishwasher.
8. The person from history I’d most like to meet is..
9. What actor/actress would play you in the movie of your life? Why?
I would have to say Don Cheadle because people say we look alike.
10. What is one movie you could watch over and over again and not get sick of?