INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Divison 1 Women's Golf Commitee announced today the teams and individuals that will be participating in the 2013 NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Regionals. The Kent State Golden Flashes will be representing the Mid-American Conference in the West Regional hosted by Stanford University in Stanford, California.
To determine the championship field, there will be three regional tournaments taking place from from May 9 - 11 in the East, Central and West Regions. Regional tournaments are considered preliminary rounds of NCAA championships competition, and all national championships policies apply.
There is a total of 378 participants that have been selected for regional competition. 126 of these players will advance to the championships finals. Eight teams and two individuals will advance from each regional.
On May 21-24 the University of Georgia will host the championship finals at the University of Georgia Golf Course in Athens, Georgia.
To view the complete release and teams of those participating click here.
1. University of Southern California (Pac-12 Conference)
2. University of Arizona
3. Vanderbilt University
4. Purdue University
5. Stanford University
6. University of Georgia
7. Baylor University
8. Texas A&M University, College Station
9. Pepperdine University (West Coast Conference)
10. Louisiana State University
11. University of Denver (Western Athletic Conference)
12. University of South Carolina, Columbia
13. The Ohio State University
14. University of Oregon
15. University of Nevada, Las Vegas (Mountain West Conference)
16. University of California, Berkeley
17. Florida State University
18. University of Miami (Florida)
19. San Jose State University
20. Harvard University (The Ivy League)
21. Kent State University (Mid-American Conference)
22. Northern Arizona University (Big Sky Conference)
23. North Dakota State University (The Summit League)
24. Long Island University (Northeast Conference)