Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACtion
Akron at Kent State
12 PM • Kent State leads 49-8
TV Coverage: SportsTime Ohio/ESPN3
• On Thursday, Tecca was named to the Capital One Academic All-America® Second Team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). She is the first Akron women’s basketball player to ever earn Academic All-American status.
• The Flashes have stepped up their defense lately. At the end of January, Kent State had a season-low 13 turnovers against Miami and stole the ball 11 times, tying a season second-best.
Northern Illinois at Ball State
2 PM • Ball State leads 26-17
• Saturday’s game marks the end of a tough stretch for Northern Illinois. The Huskies are playing their fourth road contest in five games. The Huskies are 2-1, picking up wins over Ohio (Feb. 6) and Kent State (Feb. 10) before falling to Toledo Wednesday.
• Ball State is coming off of a 56-34 victory against Eastern Michigan Wednesday in Worthen Arena. The Cardinals had four players score in double figures with Nathalie Fontaine leading the way with 16 points and Katie Murphy managing a career-high 15 rebounds. Ball State has won seven out of its last nine games.
Buffalo at Ohio
2 PM • Buffalo leads 14-12
• Buffalo heads back to the road for their final two stops of February Frenzy, beginning this afternoon at Ohio. The Bulls have road games against the Bobcats and Bowling Green next week before closing the season with two straight at home. The Bulls are coming off a 69-56 loss to Miami (OH) on Wednesday night, while Ohio picked up its first MAC win with a victory over Kent State.
• Ohio had an incredible second half in its win at Kent State on Feb. 20. Not only did the Bobcats shoot 50 percent (10-20) from the field, but they shot a blistering 70 percent (7-10) from three-point distance. Erin Bailes led this charge, hitting four of her five three-point attempts in the final 20 minutes of the game.
Bowling Green at Miami
2 PM • Bowling Green leads 44-26
• The Falcons are coming off a 74-61 win over Akron on Wednesday night at the Stroh Center (Feb. 20) ... the win moved the Brown and Orange into a tie with the Zips atop the MAC’s East Division ... redshirt junior Alexis Rogers had a double-double in the second half alone to help lead BGSU to the victory.
• Senior point guard Courtney Osborn became Miami’s all-time leading scorer after finishing with 19 points in the RedHawks game at Buffalo Wednesday night. Fans should arrive early for Saturday’s contest as there will be a pregame ceremony recognizing this historic accomplishment.
Western Michigan at Eastern Michigan
2 PM • Eastern Michigan leads 42-30
• The Feb. 23 contest marks the 73rd meeting between the Western Michigan Broncos and Eastern Michigan Eagles, who first played during the 1976-77 season. EMU leads the all-time series, 42-30, and has won 14 of the last 16 meetings. Eastern has won the last four meetings at the Convocation Center dating back to the 2008-09 campaign.
• Mostly known for her defensive and passing ability, junior Desyree Thomas has become more a part of the Eagles’ offensive arsenal. Over the past eight games, the Waterford, Mich. native has totaled 78 points (9.8 points per game), including a career-best 14-point output at Akron, Feb. 6. In the team’s first 17 contests, Thomas totaled just 59 points (3.5 ppg).