Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACtion
Northern Illinois (7-17, 2-9 MAC) at Toledo (22-2, 10-1 MAC)
12 PM • Toledo leads 26-16
TV Coverage: BCSN
• The Huskies have won their last two road games, knocking off Ohio (Feb. 6), 73-52, and Kent State (Feb. 10), 52-47. Overall, NIU is 5-10 away from the Convocation Center.
• Toledo enters Wednesday’s contest winners of 10 straight and 21 of its last 22 games. The Rockets are coming off an 82-45 victory over Kent State Feb. 16, 2013 at Savage Arena. Toledo is led by its guards Naama Shafir and Andola Dorth, who are averaging 11.7 and 11.6 points per game respectively.
Ohio (5-18, 0-11 MAC) at Kent State (3-21, 1-10 MAC)
7 PM • Kent State leads 50-24
• Ohio has moved the ball well during its last four games, recording a combined 55 assists against Kent State, Northern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, and Western Michigan. Following five straight MAC games in which Ohio registered nine assists or less, the `Cats have dished out 11 or more in their last four contests.
• Tamzin Barroilhet leads the way offensively for Kent State, scoring an average of 10.1 points per game. She is also the team’s leading rebounder, collecting 6.8 caroms each contest. Trisha Krewson is the team’s second leading scorer, and can be counted upon for 7.9 points per outing.
Miami (14-10, 6-5 MAC) at Buffalo (8-16, 6-5 MAC)
7 PM • Miami leads 17-9
• This should be the historic game for senior guard Courtney Osborn. She is second on the RedHawks’ career scoring list, and needs only four more points to break the Miami all-time scoring record of 1,979 points.
• After travelling over 1,700 miles for its last two road games, the Bulls return home for the just the second time this month tonight when they host Miami (OH). The Bulls and RedHawks sport identical 6-5 MAC marks, but UB currently holds the tiebreaker due to its 78-70 win at Miami on Jan. 31.
Eastern Michigan (6-18, 4-7 MAC) at Ball State (11-13, 8-3 MAC)
7 PM • Easteren Michigan leads 36-29
• The Eagles have been hitting the glass hard over the past three contests, out-rebounding opponents by 10 caroms a contest (40.0 to 30.0). At Akron, Feb. 6, EMU was +17 in the rebounding category (41 to 24) while hauling down 16 more boards than Buffalo (47 to 31), Feb. 16.
• Ball State is looking to snap a two-game losing streak after suffering a 64-52 loss at Akron Saturday evening in Rhodes Arena. The Cardinals are ranked fourth in the Mid-American Conference with an overall record of 11-13 and an 8-3 mark in league action.
Central Michigan (15-9, 9-2 MAC) at Western Michigan (9-15, 5-6 MAC)
7 PM • Western Michigan leads 47-40
• CMU has pulled down 50-plus rebounds in each of the last three games and has a rebounding margin of +16.7 during that stretch. The Chippewas recorded double-digit blocks for the first time this season, blocking a season-high 10 at Miami. Jessica Schroll tied a career high with four blocks.
• Western comes in riding a three-game winning streak and is looking to snap a five game skid against rival CMU.
Akron (17-7, 8-3 MAC) at Bowling Green (16-8, 7-4 MAC)
7 PM • Bowling Green leads 48-3
• Akron has a record of 17-7 on the season, and the Zips are 8-3 in MAC action ... UA leads the East Division, with the Falcons one game back ... Akron is 11th in the nation in scoring offense, averaging 75.7 points per game
• For the Falcons, Wednesday’s game begins the first of five-straight intra-divisional contests to end the regular season ... BGSU faces the Zips Wednesday, and after a Saturday (Feb. 23) game at Miami, the Falcons close the home portion of the regular-season schedule with games vs. Buffalo (Feb. 28) and Ohio (March 3).