MAC Men's Basketball Daily -- Wednesday, February 13
Western Michigan (15-8, 7-3 MAC) at Bowling Green (9-14, 4-6 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Bowling Green leads series 67-45
• BGSU’s A’uston Calhoun earned his second career MAC East Player of the Week award for his efforts last week Calhoun and Jordon Crawford are the second-highest scoring duo in the MAC, averaging 31.2 points per contest... WMU’s Shayne Whittington recorded his fifth 20-point performance of the season with his 21-point, 13-rebound effort against Kent State. That marked the seventh double-double of the season for the big man, the most for a Bronco player since Joe Reitz had 10 double-doubles in the 2006-07 season.
Toledo (11-10, 7-3 MAC) at Buffalo (9-15, 4-6 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Toledo leads series 11-6
• Buffalo is home for its second straight game when it hosts Toledo on Wednesday night at Alumni Arena. The Bulls are 9-15 overall and 4-6 in the MAC after beating Northern Illinois, 59-54, on Saturday. Javon McCrea led the Bulls with 16 points... Toledo (11-10, 7-3 MAC) looks to extend its longest league win streak in the last six years. UT features two of the MAC’s top scorers with junior G Rian Pearson pacing the league at 18.6 ppg and sophomore G Julius Brown in ninth place at 13.5 ppg.
Ohio (17-6. 8-1 MAC) at Central Michigan (9-14, 2-8 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Ohio leads series 44-25
• Last time out, Ohio earned a 72-63 win over Bowling Green Saturday (Feb. 9) before 10,846 fans at the Convocation Center. Senior guard D.J. Cooper made his 128th career start vs. the Falcons, which set a new Ohio program record. Cooper and fellow seniors Ivo Baltic and Reggie Keely are three games from setting the school record for most games played (135). With a victory over the Chippewas, the Ohio senior class will break the school record for wins by a class with 88 career victories... The Chippewas dropped an 87-72 contest at Kent State on Saturday (Feb. 9). Kyle Randall leads the team this season with a MAC-leading 19.5 ppg in conference games.
Akron (19-4, 10-0 MAC) at Eastern Michigan (11-12, 4-5 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Akron leads series 20-19
• Akron defeated Miami on Saturday, 54-50 to improve its winning streak to 15 games, the longest active streak in the nation. Akron’s 10-0 start is the best in program history since joining the MAC during the 1992-93 campaign. The 10-0 start is the first by any team in the league since 1983-84 [Miami (Ohio), 11-0]. The Zips received votes in the AP (12) and USA Today Coaches Poll (9). Both tallies are the highest point totals, respectively, in each poll in program history... The Eagles have lost three of their last five contests and boast an 11-2 record at home (4-1 in MAC play). Two Eagles are averaging double figures in the scoring column, including Derek Thompson (10.7 ppg) and Glenn Bryant (10.2 ppg). Da’Shonte Riley is the team’s leading rebounder (6.3 rpg).
Miami (8-14, 3-7 MAC) at Kent State (13-11, 4-6 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Miami leads series 86-44
Watch LIVE SportsTime Ohio, ESPN3 & MAC Digital Network
• Darren Goodson and Kris Brewer have given Kent State consistent No. 3 and 4 scorers in the last few weeks, taking some of the pressure off of top scorers Chris Evans (16.8) and Randal Holt (14.1). In their last five games, Goodson is averaging 15 points and shooting 56 percent from the field while Brewer is averaging 12.4 points and shooting 57 percent from three-point range... Miami has lost six of its last seven games, including a 54-50 loss to Akron on Saturday. Allen Roberts leads Miami in scoring at 12.8 per game, followed by 6-foot-7 junior forward Will Felder at 11.5 and freshman guard Reggie Johnson at 9.1.
Ball State (9-13, 3-7 MAC) at Northern Illinois (5-17, 3-7 MAC)
8 p.m. ET • Ball State leads series 47-32
• Ball State got back in the win column Saturday with a 65-62 victory over MAC West Division leader Western Michigan to improve to 9-13 overall. Senior guard Jauwan Scaife scored a career-high 30 points, including 24 after halftime, as the Cardinals snapped Western Michigan’s seven-game winning streak. Scaife has truly emerged during the MAC season, scoring 17.4 points per game in conference play to rank fourth in the league. Northern Illinois has lost three games in a row since a Jan. 30 victory over Kent State (67-65). The Huskies are 5-17 on the season and 3-7 in MAC play. Sophomore wing Adbel Nader leads Northern Illinois with 14.3 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. per game.