MAC Men's Basketball Daily (1-30-13 Release)
MAC Men's Basketball Daily Release -- Wednesday, January 30th
Western Michigan (12-7, 4-2 MAC) at Miami (7-11, 2-4 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Miami leads series 81-39
• The RedHawks seek the program’s 600th MAC win in tonight’s contest. In each of the last nine games, junior forward Will Felder has reached double figures in scoring. Felder has recorded double-digit scoring efforts in 13 games this season, which ties junior guard Allen Roberts for the most by a RedHawk this season...WMU is coming off a 76-59 win at Central Michigan on Saturday. The Broncos are currently riding a four-game winning streak after dropping their first two MAC contests. The Broncos are led by junior center Shayne Whittington, who averages 11.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
Toledo (7-10, 3-3 MAC) at Ball State (8-10, 2-4 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Toledo leads series 42-39
• Ball State snapped a four-game losing streak Saturday with an 82-62 road win at Miami University to improve to 8-10 overall and 2-4 in the Mid-American Conference. Majok Majok, who leads the MAC and ranks 16th nationally in rebounding, is one of 16 players in the country averaging a double-double at 12.6 points and 10.1 rebounds per game... Toledo snapped a three-game losing streak Saturday with a 75-62 home win over Bowling Green to improve to 7-10 (3-3 MAC). Junior guard Rian Pearson leads Toledo with 18.2 points and 6.5 rebounds per game, while sophomore guard Julius Brown adds 13.4 points and hands out a team-best 5.2 assists per game.
Central Michigan (9-10, 2-4 MAC) at Buffalo (7-13, 2-4 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Central Michigan leads series 12-11
• Buffalo is 7-13 overall and 2-4 in the MAC after losing at Akron, 68-64, on Saturday night. Jarryn Skeete led the Bulls with 19 points, five assists and three steal - all career highs. With 147 career blocks, Javon McCrea is two blocked shots shy of surpassing Kelvin Robinson (1993-95) for third place in school history...Central Michigan is 9-10 overall and 2-4 in the MAC. The Chippewas are coming off a 76-59 loss to Western Michigan on Saturday. Central Michigan is led by Kyle Randall who is averaging 16.4 points per game. Blake Hibbitts is averaging 8.1 points per game for the Chippewas.
Akron (15-4, 6-0 MAC) at Bowling Green (7-12, 2-4 MAC)
7 p.m. ET • Akron leads series 26-24
• Akron overcame a 20-point deficit to defeat Buffalo 68-64 on Saturday. Akron’s 11-game winning streak is the second-longest active winning streak in the nation (games through Jan. 28), trailing only Kansas (18). During their 11-game winning streak, the Zips are out-scoring their opponents by 15.8 points/game and hold a +10.3 rebounding advantage. UA is shooting 45.3 percent and has held at least a share of the lead for 367:25 out of the last 440:00 minutes (83.4 percent).The Falcons have lost eight of their last ten games, but are 6-2 at home and 2-0 at the Stroh Center in league play. Three Falcons are averaging double figures, including Jordon Crawford (16.5 ppg) and A’uston Calhoun (15.7 ppg). Calhoun is also the team’s leading rebounder (7.5 rpg).
Kent State (11-9, 2-4 MAC) at Northern Illinois (4-14, 2-4 MAC)
8 p.m. ET • Kent State leads series 32-17
• Kent State will try to end a three-game losing streak on Wednesday, Jan. 29, when it travels to Northern Illinois for an 8 p.m. contest. Chris Evans continues to lead the Golden Flashes in scoring (17.1), rebounds (7.4), steals (37) and blocked shots (15)... NIU is led by Abdel Nader, who is averaging 13.1 points and 4.7 rebounds per game The Huskies dropped a 42-25 decision on the road to Eastern Michigan in its most recent game this past Saturday.