Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Western Michigan (4-11, 0-2 MAC) at Central Michigan (8-7, 2-0 MAC)
7 PM • Western Michigan leads 47-39
• Western Michigan has lost seven of its last eight, including last four in a row, to Central Michigan and the Broncos are looking for their first win against the Chippewas since posting a 64-56 victory in Kalamazoo on Feb. 27, 2010 ... the Broncos however lead the all-time series against CMU, 47-41 ... guards Aurielle Anderson and Corie Buchanan are each averaging 9.1 ppg for WMU.
• The Chippewas are seeking their second 3-0 start in MAC play under Guevara. CMU is in the midst of a three-game homestand and is 3-2 inside McGuirk Arena in 2012-13. Crystal Bradford was named MAC West Player of the Week for the fourth time Monday. CMU has had a player earn the award six times this season.
Ball State (5-10, 2-0 MAC) at Bowling Green (10-5, 1-1 MAC)
7 PM • Bowling Green leads 42-14
TV Coverage: BCSN
• Ball State enters week two of Mid-American Conference action at Bowling Green Wednesday in the Stroh Center at 7 p.m. The Cardinals are looking to remain undefeated after topping Miami (62-59) and Northern Illinois (57-51) last week. This will be the first time the Cardinals will play in the Falcons’ new arena which was unveiled in September 2011.
• Bowling Green junior Katrina Salinas and sophomore Deborah Hoekstra tied for team honors with 12 points apiece – the most of their respective BG careers – in Thursday’s MAC-opening win over Kent State ... all 11 of the BGSU players who have seen action this season have hit double digits in the scoring column at least once in 2012-13.
Toledo (13-2, 1-1 MAC) at Eastern Michigan (4-11, 0-2 MAC)
7 PM • Toledo leads 41-28
• The Rockets, who enter tonight’s action deadlocked with EMU for third place in the MAC West Division, are coming off a hardfought 48-38 triumph against the Falcons on Sunday.
• Eastern Michigan enters the game with a mark of 3-12 after a 77-51 loss at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Mich., Jan. 13. The Rockets are 13-2 on the season after a 48-38 road triumph at Bowling Green State University, Jan. 13.
Buffalo (4-11, 2-0 MAC) at Kent State (2-13, 0-2 MAC)
7 PM • Kent State leads 23-3
• UB is coming off victories over Northern Illinois and Ohio, its first two-game winning streak of the year. The Bulls had a record day against the Ohio Bobcats on Jan. 13, defeating their MAC East rivals, 73-36. The 37-point victory for the Bulls was their largest win since a 92-38 win over Youngstown State on Dec. 13, 2009.
• Kent State (2-13, 0-2) hopes to pick up their first conference victory on Wednesday (Jan. 13) night as they host Buffalo in a 7:00 pm contest. The game is Kent State’s first Mid-American Conference home game.
Akron (13-2, 1-1 MAC) at Northern Illinois (5-10, 0-2 MAC)
8 PM • Northern Illinois leads 18-7
• Akron improved to 2-0 in the MAC Sunday with a big win over rival Kent State, 93-58, at Rhodes Arena. The victory was the largest over a conference opponent in the history of the program.
• NIU is looking to avoid a 0-3 start in Mid-American Conference play for the third straight season. The Huskies’ current three-game losing streak is the first streak, winning or losing, of the season longer than three games.