Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Buffalo (2-10, 0-0 MAC) at Cornell (6-6, 0-0 Ivy)
1 PM • Buffalo leads 9-2
• The Bulls hit the road for the first time in five weeks as they face Cornell this afternoon at Newman Arena. Buffalo has not played a road game since Dec. 1 when it travelled to Bucknell. The Bulls, who lost to Pittsburgh 91-77 last Saturday, are looking for their third win of the season before entering conference play.
Miami (7-5, 0-0 MAC) at Duquesne (11-2, 0-0 A 10)
2 PM • Miami trails 2-0
• Senior guard Courtney Osborn is on the cusp of becoming Miami’s all-time three-point leader. After sinking six in two games in Mexico, she now has 236 for her career, only one off the record of 237 held by Jenna Schone (2005-09).
Loyola-Chicago (4-8, 0-0 Horizon) at Eastern Michigan (2-10, 0-0 MAC)
2 PM • Eastern Michigan leads 5-1
• The Eastern Michigan University women's basketball team closes out the non-conference portion of the schedule Saturday, Jan. 5, against Loyola University Chicago. Game time is set for 2 p.m. at the Convocation Center. Eastern Michigan enters the game with a mark of 2-10 after dropping a heartbreaking 61-58 decision to the University of Mississippi in the consolation game of the Tulane University/Doubletree Classic, Dec. 30. The Ramblers are 4-7 on the season, and come in reeling following a 72-69 setback to Eastern Illinois University, Jan. 2, in Chicago, Ill.
Ohio (4-7, 0-0 MAC) at Xavier (6-7, 0-0 A 10)
2 PM • Ohio leads 4-1
• Ohio started the second half of its game at LIU Brooklyn on a tear, forcing six Blackbird turnovers to help begin the frame on a 6-0 run. The Bobcats would ultimately outscore the hosts by a 33-23 margin in the final 20 minutes of the game. Ohio currently ranks second in the Mid-American Conference with a turnover margin of +3.0 per game. The Bobcats only trail Toledo’s mark of +5.0.
Northern Illinois (5-8, 0-0 C-USA) at Valparaiso (9-3, 0-0 MAC)
2:30 PM • Northern Illinois leads 17-1
• NIU owns an impressive 19-1 record against Valparaiso, but it's been 19 years since the last meeting when both teams were in the Mid-Continent Conference. The lone Crusaders win came on Feb. 18, 1992 in Valparaiso, 101-91. The series dates back as far as 1963. NIU has won the last five meetings, including a 101-92 victory in DeKalb in the last match-up on Feb. 12, 1994 during NIU's 18-0 run in MCC play in 1993-94.