Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
#15 Dayton (12-0, 0-0 A 10) at Bowling Green (8-3, 0-0 MAC)
1 PM • Bowling Green leads 10-9
• The Bowling Green State University women’s basketball team, riding a five-game winning streak, returns home for an extended period of time ... the Falcons of head coach Jennifer Roos begin a season-long five-game homestand by facing the nationally-ranked University of Dayton on Sunday afternoon (Dec. 30) ... tipoff is set for 1:00 p.m. at the Stroh Center (4,347).
Eastern Michigan (2-9, 0-0 MAC) vs Ole Miss (6-6, 0-0 SEC)
1 PM • First Meeting
Tulane/Double Tree Classic • New Orleans, La.
• Eastern Michigan has never faced either Tulane or Ole Miss prior to the DoubleTree Classic, Dec. 29-30. Tulane is a member of Conference USA, but will be joining the Big East Conference for the 2014-15 campaign. EMU also has a limited history with the Southeastern Conference, of which Mississippi is a member. The Green and White is 3-3 all-time versus the SEC with victories over Alabama, Florida and Missouri. Interestingly, the tournament’s third participant, McNeese State, does have a history with the Eagles. The Cowgirls defeated the then-Hurons, 94-79, in the team’s only meeting, Dec. 31, 1988, in Lake Charles, La.
Toledo (11-1, 0-0 MAC) vs Georgia State (8-2, 0-0 Colonial)
4 PM • Toledo leads 1-0
Georgia State Holiday Tournament • Atlanta, Ga.
• Toledo enters this weekend’s tourney in the midst of a nine-game win streak, tied for the ninth-longest unbeaten stretch in school history, and has equaled its best start in school annals. They also began the year winning 10 of their first 11 games in 1993-94 and most recently in 1996-97.
Central Michigan (5-6, 0-0 MAC) vs #20 Texas (7-3, 0-0 Big 12)
3 PM • Central Michigan trails 1-0
Surf N’ Slam Classic • San Diego, Calif.
• Following a loss in game one of the holiday tournament to San Diego, paired with a Texas loss to Iowa, the Chippewas will meet the Longhorns in today’s consolation game at the Surf N’ Slam Classic.
Robert Morris (0-10, 0-0 NEC) at Kent State (1-10, 0-0 MAC)
3:30 PM • Kent State leads 4-2
• The three senior captains have led the way for Kent State this season. Tamzin Barroilhet leads the team in both points and rebounds, averaging 10.8 and 6.4, respectively. She is also ranked second on the team in assists with a total of 26. Daimon Beckford follows her in both categories, averaging 9.3 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. Trisha Krewson is averaging 7.6 points and 3.8 rebounds on the season.