Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Northern Illinois (4-7, 0-0 MAC) vs Norfolk State (2-9, 0-2 MEAC)
4:30 PM • First Meeting
Cavalier Classic • Charlottesville, Va.
• A strong first half performance by Xavier was too much to overcome for Northern Illinois in a 66-54 loss at the 2012 Cavalier Classic on Friday evening at Virginia’s John Paul Jones Arena. The Musketeers (6-6) outscored the Huskies (4-7) 37-30 in the first half, which was enough to withstand NIU’s 34-29 edge in the second. NIU continues play at the 2012 Cavalier Classic Saturday against Norfolk State (2-9) at 3:30 p.m. CT.
Ball State (3-9, 0-0 MAC) at Valparaiso (3-8, 0-0 Horizon)
1:30 PM • Ball State leads 10-6
• Ball State women’s basketball faces its last non-conference opponent of the season when the Cardinals travel to Valparaiso Saturday for a 2:35 p.m. tipoff at the ARC. The Cardinals last competed at home Dec. 18 when they lost a hard fought battle to Wyoming. Ball State enters the game with a 3-9 overall mark. Valparaiso is a member of the Horizon League and will enter the game with a 3-8 overall record. The Crusaders have lost three straight and own a 2-1 mark at home.
Eastern Michigan (2-8, 0-0 MAC) at Tulane (8-2, 0-0 C-USA)
2 PM • First Meeting
Tulane/Double Tree Classic • New Orleans, La.
• The Eastern Michigan University women’s basketball team jets to the “Big Easy” to participate in the DoubleTree Classic hosted by Tulane University at Devlin Fieldhouse in New Orleans, La. The Eagles and Green Wave will be joined by the University of Mississippi and McNeese State University. The Green and White square off versus Tulane Saturday, Dec. 29, followed by a matchup with either the Rebels or the Cowgirls Sunday, Dec. 30. The trip will mark the first time that EMU has played a game in the state of Louisiana since the 1988-89 campaign.
Pittsburgh (7-4, 0-0 Big East) at Buffalo (2-9, 0-0 MAC)
2 PM • First Meeting
• The Bulls conclude a season-long four-game homestand this afternoon when they host Pittsburgh at Alumni Arena. UB snapped a seven-game losing skid last Friday when it defeated Niagara, 65-51. Pittsburgh has won two straight and enters today at 7-4. Pittsburgh redshirt junior Abby Dowd returns to Buffalo where she spent her freshman season with the Bulls, earning All-MAC Freshman Team honors.
Toledo (10-1, 0-0 MAC) vs Charlotte (8-2, 0-0 A 10)
4 PM • Toledo leads 2-0
Georgia State Holiday Tournament • Atlanta, Ga.
• Toledo enters this weekend’s tourney in the midst of a nine-game win streak, tied for the ninth-longest unbeaten stretch in school history, and has equaled its best start in school annals. They also began the year winning 10 of their first 11 games in 1993-94 and most recently in 1996-97.