Follow @PBurwellMAC on Twitter for all of the latest on MAC Women's Basketball and join the conversation on Twitter by using #MACsketball
Wright State (2-4, 0-0 Horizon) at Akron (7-1, 0-0 MAC)
2 PM • Akron leads 12-9
• Akron won its fourth straight game Wednesday night on the road at George Mason, 65-49. Four Zips scored in double figures for the third consecutive contest - Rachel Tecca (24) Kacie Cassell (13), Taylor Ruper (11) and Sina King (10). The Akron women’s basketball team received votes in this week’s CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. With the men’s program ranked No. 16 in the poll, Akron is one of 15 schools to see both its men’s and women’s teams either ranked or receiving votes. Sina King picked up her fifth double-double of the year against George Mason with a game-high 12 rebounds.
Miami (5-3, 0-0 MAC) at Cleveland State (3-4, 0-0 Horizon)
2 PM • Miami leads 7-0
• Miami will play its next seven games away from Millett Hall, as its final five non-conference contests, as well as its first two Mid-American Conference matches are on the road. The stretch will not break the Red and White record for most consecutive away games because the two games at the Caribbean Classic are considered neutral site. This stretch does tie the record for most games in a row away from Millett Hall. Miami last played seven straight games on the road from Feb. 17 through Mar. 4, 1978. All seven of those games were true away games in the opposing team’s gym however.
Milwaukee (4-4, 0-0 Horizon) at Toledo (6-1, 0-0 MAC)
2 PM • Series tied 2-2
• The Rockets are off to their best start since the 1996-97 campaign when they started a perfect 7-0. Over the 39-year history of the program, UT has begun the season winning six of its first seven games on seven occasions. The Rockets are currently riding a five-game win streak, following last weekend’s triumphs over SIU Edwardsville and St. Bonaventure to capture the inaugural Glass City Tournament at home.
Chicago State (1-6, 0-0 GWC) at Western Michigan (2-6, 0-0 MAC)
2 PM • Western Michigan leads 8-3
• The Broncos’ recent road trip started the week of Thanksgiving in Flagstaff, Ariz., at the Northern Arizona Tournament, playing games against NAU and Tulane ... the Broncos then faced Detroit, Oakland and IUPUI on the road ... it was the longest road stretch of the season ... WMU will take a week break for finals and then travel to in-state Big Ten rival Michigan, next Saturday, Dec. 15, for a 2 p.m. contest ... beginning with the NAU Tournament and through the matchup at Michigan, WMU will have played six out of seven games on the road.
Northern Kentucky (1-5, 0-0 At. Sun) at Ball State (3-6, 0-0 MAC)
4 PM • First Meeting
• Ball State women’s basketball welcomes Northern Kentucky to Worthen Arena for the first time in school history. The Norse are a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference and have started the season with a 1-5 mark. This is the second opponent from the Atlantic Sun; BSU has faced this season, having also played Stetson, Dec. 1. Ball State enters the game with a 3-6 overall record after its 73-64 overtime victory Thursday over Detroit Mercy in Worthen Arena. Ball State and Northern Kentucky have never met.
Binghamton (0-8, 0-0 Am. East) at Buffalo (1-8, 0-0 MAC)
5 PM • Buffalo leads 4-0
• The women are coming off a back-and-forth game against rival St. Bonaventure on Wednesday night, eventually losing 64-55. Freshman Rachael Gregory set career highs in points (18) and rebounds (13), notching her first career double-double. With her effort, she became first UB freshman to score double figures in 4 straight games since Jamie Schieber in 2005-06.