Kent State (0-3, 0-0 MAC) at Florda A&M (2-1, 0-0 MEAC)
Georgia State Tournament • Atlanta, Ga.
4 PM • Kent State leads 1-0
• Senior guard Diamon Beckford leads the Flashes in scoring, averaging 11 points through the first three games. Fellow senior Tazmin Barroilhet is averaging a team-high 5.3 rebounds. O’Banion is sticking to her philosophy of keeping playing time down; no Flash is averaging more than 30 minutes a game.
Western Michigan (1-2, 0-0 MAC) at Northern Arizona (0-4, 0-0 Big Sky)
Northern Arizona Thanksgiving Touranement
4:05 PM • First Meeting
• Shane Clipfell became the first Western Michigan women’s basketball head coach to win his first game on the bench since Jim Hess accomplished the feat in 1982 as WMU defeated American in the season opener, 57-53.
College of Charleston (2-1, 0-0 SoCon) at Miami (2-1, 0-0 MAC)
6 PM • Miami leads 2-0
• The RedHawks have won their first two non-conference home games this season. That has continued the recent trend of success at Millett Hall against non-conference opponents. Last season, Miami was a perfect 8-0 against non-conference foes and now has a 13-game winning streak in that category.
Ball State (0-3, 0-0 MAC) at Bethune-Cookman (2-1, 0-0 MEAC)
5:30 PM • First Meeting
• Ball State improved to 1-3 on the season with a 53-46 win over visiting IPFW Monday Nov. 19 at home in Worthen Arena. The win marked the first for first-year head coach Brady Sallee. Katie Murphy led the Cardinals with a double-double, tallying 12 points and had personal best performance of 14 rebounds. Nathalie Fontaine added a career-high 15 points, while Brittany Carter added eight points, five assists and four steals for the Cardinals.
Boston University (2-2, 0-0 Am. East) at Eastern Michigan (1-2, 0-0 MAC)
7 PM • Eastern Michigan trails 1-0
• The EMU women’s basketball team has not played on back-to-back days that were not part of a tournament since the 1987-88 season. The then-Hurons squared off with Indiana State, Dec. 18, 1987, falling 71-57. The very next day EMU took on Wright State, Dec. 19, 1987, and won by a slim, 64-62, margin. The schools are meeting for the second time with BU holding a 1-0 edge in the series.
Buffalo (1-3, 0-0 MAC) at #24 Dayton (4-0, 0-0 A10)
7 PM • Buffalo trails 1-0
• The Bulls continue their season-long four-game road trip this weekend as they head to Dayton, OH for a pair of games at the Dayton Marriott Classic. The Bulls face nationally-ranked Dayton on Friday night and Eastern Illinois on Saturday evening. This is the second straight year that Buffalo and Dayton will be spending Thanksgiving Weekend at the same tournament.
South Dakota St (2-2, 0-0 Summit) at Central Michigan (2-1, 0-0 MAC)
7 PM • First Meeting
• After playing their first three games of the season on the road, the Chippewas open McGuirk Arena Friday night for the first home contest of the season. CMU is 3-2 in home openers under head coach Sue Guevara and has gone 16-7 at home since McGuirk Arena was reopened in 2010.
Toledo (2-1, 0-0 MAC) vs Santa Clara (2-1, 0-0 WCC)
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Classic • Reno, NV
7:30 PM • Toledo trails 1-0
• The Midnight Blue & Gold is coming off a 66-62 victory at Colorado State on Tuesday, Nov. 20. Toledo knocked down a season-high 11 triples and shot a sizzling 45.8 percent (11-of-24) from beyond the arc. UT came into the non-conference matchup shooting only 28.1 percent (9-of-32) from three-point range, averaging 4.5 treys.